FINDING LOVE IN A LIBRARY || BY YOUR SIDE BY KASIE WEST

Thursday, April 13, 2017

By Your Side
Author:
Kasie West
Publication Date:
January 31, 2016
Format:
E-Book
Pages:
346 Pages











Being a fan of Kasie West's previous books I jumped when I heard she was going to write another book. Give me a book about books and honey I'm a goner.


Characters


Autumn runs into the library to use the restroom and realizes that she has been locked inside the library for the entire weekend. She learns that she's not alone and is stuck with Dax Miller a guy she hardly talks to. With the whole weekend in front of them, Autumn learns about herself and Dax too. 

I really was invested in Autumn's character and how people with anxiety have to deal with everyday life and events and what can trigger it. She cared more about her friends' opinions than her own at first. But her lock in with Dax has helped her to express her feelings to them about her anxiety. I didn't like her friends because I felt like they didn't care about her. I really enjoyed her slow burn, swoony, but slow burn from friendship to relationship.





Dax is the last person Autumn wants to be stuck in the library. Dax is an air of mystery and rumors that he doesn't care to listen to or correct. He was very standoffish at first toward Autumn, but soon was warming up to Autumn. 

He was a great fit by teaching her to express her feelings to her friends rather than just going with it. He pushed her as much as she pushed him and I loved that about them. Dax wasn't expecting to fall for Autumn and thought Autumn wasn't good enough for him. Gawd, this beautiful boy!


Final Rating: 


I think is probably #2 on my favorite Kasie West books that I've read.






 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS